Saturday, December 19, 2009

Time


You ever think about time?
Time is an amazing concept. We track it with our clocks, and definitions. No matter how we define it, it is the perception of time that can make 2 minutes seem like ten, and two hours seem like ten minutes. They days seem to drag individually, but time flies by the weeks. As always, it is determined by what is going on around you. There is the saying, a watched pot never boils. We know that it will eventually, but when you sit there and watch it, it takes forever. But if you look away and start doing something else, then you turn back and the pot is boiling over. Weird, don't you think?
I don't really know why I am talking about this, but it has been a long time since I have posted. I could talk about things going on here in Iraq, but then again, I can't for 'security' reasons. So, I don't. But the time concept comes into play greatly here. It seems like we have been here a long long time. The days sometimes drag, the shift drags on and you wonder if you can stay awake another couple of hours. At least when working the overnight shift. Then there are times where you look at the calendar and say 'holy crap it is December!'.
Time is getting short here, that is true. But sometimes the days still seem long. I can't wait until I get on that plane to go back to the States, knowing that a few days later, I will be on another plane home. Home to my wife, my family, and my friends. It seems like only yesterday, I left home to start this deployment. Funny how time goes by, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment