Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Vacation Day 7 & 8 - South Padre Island

Still chilling/relaxing here in South Padre.  The weather has been outstanding here with clear blue skies and warm temps in the lower 70's.   Much better than forcasted.

Day 7, Tuesday, I did not go for a run.   I know, I said I might do it again, but I am lazy.  I admit it.  I did have trouble sleeping, so woke up at 3am.  I stayed up and played on my computer and waited for the sunrise.   It was well worth the wait.  Watching from about 6:20am until sunrise around 7:10am, the colors were a sight to see.   Watching the sky slowly turn from inky black/blue to red/orange to the flare of the sun coming over the horizon.   Always an event to enjoy when you can.  

This screwed up my sleep though as I went back to bed around 8am and slept until about noon.  Kim had gone down to the pool a little after 10, and when I went down there, I noticed she was a bit pink.  So we came upstairs, relaxed a little bit more.  Then it was off to Dirty Al's for dinner.  The shrimp was awesome, as always.   We stopped at CVS to get some aloe and some sunscreen and then came home.   I stayed up to listen to the Wild get the win in Edmonton.    Then it was bed around 11:30pm.

Day 8, Wednesday, was another lazy day.   Slept in, then hung out in the room and enjoyed the breeze from the gulf.   Really didn't do anything until dinner time when we went to Louie's Backyard.   They have an all you can eat seafood buffet that also had prime rib on it.    We both agreed that it was really good and we felt we got our money's worth between the prime rib and crab legs that we both devoured.    Then it was back to the condo to relax for the evening.   Truly a lazy lazy day, but hey, isn't that what vacations are for?

Tomorrow looks to be another lazy day.  Maybe some laundry.  Maybe a walk on the beach.   Getting ready for heading out of here Friday.  Kim's flight is early Saturday morning and I then drive back.   I had planned on making up my miss of the WWI museum on the way down by hitting it on Monday before I drove home.  Well, that won't work because they are closed on Mondays.   So, the plan is to drive as much as I can on Saturday.   Then I hope to get to KC on Sunday in the late morning, catch the museum and then check into a hotel there and crash/watch the superbowl.  

We will see how that plan goes.

~Swenny

No comments:

Post a Comment