Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Vacation - The Beginning.....

So it has been a while again, but I probably will blog semi-frequently again as I track My vacation.  I have done this for the last couple of major trips I have been on, and it is helpful to remember things later.  Because I have a bad memory at times and this will help.

So the plan is to drive down from home here in St Paul, MN down to South Padre, TX.  I have three days to get to Harligen, where Kim is flying in to meet me Friday night, and on Saturday, we check into the condo at South Padre and spend a week on the beach.   No dogs, as they get to stay home with the brother in law.

So I have things planned out.   Pick up the car Tuesday night after work, head out early Wednesday morning to KC.  Stop and see the WWI museum and stay the night at a nice hotel.   Thursday, head out to Dallas and stay the night there.  And then Harligen on Friday night.   Sounds simple right?

Well, right off the bat, issues.   We had reserved the car with Hertz a couple weeks ago.   Went out there, and then I look at the confirmation.   We had set it up for Wednesday, not Tuesday!!!   Not good, but mistakes happen.  So the guy is really nice.  He doesn't have a full sized car for us, and all he has is a dinky little two seater.   I am not taking that down to South Padre and back.  He talks us into upgrading to a nice Buick Lacrosse.   It needs an oil change and to be cleaned up, but he will have his guys do that first thing in the morning, and they will pick me up.  

So hopefully, I will be on the road to KC around noon.   This means I will have to do the Museum on the way back.  But that is OK, as I have more time to get back than I have to get down there.   So this change of plans means I get into KC in the evening, probably around 6pm or so.   I will check in and then probably find a good steak place to eat and enjoy.   Then I should be back on schedule to get to Dallas.

That is it for now.  I figure I will blog tomorrow night to talk about the car, the road trip to KC, and whatever I wind up doing before heading to bed.

Hope you enjoyed this, and if not, oh well.  This is more for me and my memories.

~Swenny

No comments:

Post a Comment