Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cairns Day 2 - Relaxation

This was day 2 in Cairns. Nothing was planned, and we really didn't do too much. That isn't a bad thing though because we are here to relax and unwind as we recharge to go back to the desert for another five or six months.

I got out around eight and logged in for a bit. Nothing special was going on, so I hung out in the room until about noon. We then drove downtown and walked around the Esplanade. This is like a boardwalk along the beach. There really isn't much beach there, and it was low tide, so it was really muddy, except through the channel into the inlet. We walked the marina and saw a bunch of boats. It is really lovely around as there are mountains that surround the town. I got a bunch of pictures.

After three hours, we loaded up and headed back to the hotel. Back here, I basically relaxed and logged in for a bit again. At six, we got the underwater cameras that we rented for when we go to the reef tomorrow. Then it was a quiet supper at the bar/lounge, and then going to bed early I think. We have to be up early to head out to the reef tomorrow. It is an all day trip, and should be a fun time. I will take as much pictures as I can, and I hope to start posting some pictures soon if this connection ever gets any better.

Saturday, I think we are going to look at driving up north to Port Douglas. It is through a rainforest, and supposed to be pretty cool. Not sure exactly what else we will do, but we will figure it out. I am looking at trying to do a scenic flight on Sunday, but not sure I will be able to get on what I want, since I am a single, and they have a minimum requirement of two people, and I don't want to pay double to go by myself. Monday I am hoping to try the Food and Wine tour. Now it will be interesting to see how things work out.

That is it for now. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment