Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cairns Day 4 & 5 - Relaxing

I skipped a day, sue me.

Things here have been pretty relaxing. Yesterday we left around noon and drove towards Port Douglas. We stopped at a zoo and looked at the animals there. I got my picture with a koala, and saw a bunch of crocs. Then we continued on up to Port Douglas.

It was a winding road up there and even though it was only about sixty kilometers, it took an hour with all the turns. The views were cool, and we stopped at a lookout place to get some pics too. When we got to Port Douglas, we had a late lunch, and it was pretty good. We looked around at some of the shops and then headed back, as it was getting late afternoon.

We drove back and then I just hung out at the hotel for the rest of the evening. A very slow day, which is good when you are trying to relax on vacation. Today was pretty much the same. I hung out by the pool all morning. I then went downtown for a couple hours, looking around and just killing some time with something to do.

I came back and then we went out for supper. We wound up at this bar/pub and had a cheap meal. Cricket was on the tv, as Australia was playing England in a big match. The Aussies were getting their ass kicked, but it was interesting trying to figure out the rules. We got to talking with a couple guys who were up from Melbourne for business, and it was a good conversation. One of the guys rode motorcycles and was a member of a forum talking with people all over the world about them. He even had a buddy he talked with from the Twin Cities. Just shows how the world is getting smaller and smaller with the internet.

Tomorrow is the Food and Wine tour. That is an all day event from 8am until 5pm or so. It should be fun as I will be seeing a Macadamia farm, a couple wineries, a coffee place and then a cheese place. Should be interesting, and I will try to get a bunch of pics as I can. Then Tuesday we fly out to Brisbane and go to the Gold Coast. The Aussie guys said it is a lot like Vegas. I will let you know, as I have been to Vegas a couple of times.

Anyway, that is it for now. I will type again tomorrow after the tour to give an update. Pictures are uploaded on facebook and up to date pretty much. Just look me up, and if you aren't a friend, just add me. I am not fussy who I add to my friends.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment