Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Travel day to Gold Coast

The day started fairly early, as we had a flight that left at 10am. I had to pack everything into the one bag, which wasn't fun, but I got it all in there. I didn't want to have to pay the extra charge for another bag. Stupid airlines these days. Anyway, we left Hubred in Cairns for a couple days, as he is getting his diving certification. We will meet up with him in Sydney on Friday.

Got to the airport and took the Quantas flight down to Brisbane. Nothing special about the flight, as it was a short two hour flight. I slept most of the flight, and we landed in Brisbane. Got our bags right away and I rented a car for the drive down to the Gold Coast. I got a Mitsubishi Lancer, brand new, and it is a pretty nice car. Just the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, and we drive on the left side. Different, but I picked it up quickly.

I drove us down to the hotel we had booked, and it was about an hour drive. We could have flown into the area, but it would have been a layover in Brisbane, and just didn't seem worth it. It was a quick drive down, and I only got us turned around twice as we tried to find the hotel. I only turned on the wipers five times by mistake the whole drive down, as the blinker switch was on the wrong side.

We checked in early afternoon and the room is amazing. King sized bed, balcony, whirlpool bath tub, shower, plenty of room to relax in. I had a late lunch and then walked along the beach for a short bit. The sun was going down, so I decided to head back to the room, and just relaxed for the rest of the night.

Today, I woke up early to see the sunrise. There were clouds on the horizon, so I didn't go out to the beach. I did some stretching and then went for a morning run along the beach. It was really cool to run on the beach and listen to music as I went for my run.

I think the plan for the rest of the day is to maybe get some laundry done. I want to go to the Hard Rock cafe to get a shirt and eat. Not sure what we will do tonight, but I am sure we will figure something out. We are here for a couple days and then Friday, head to Sydney for the last couple days of the vacation.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment